The Community Development Department provides professional guidance and technical assistance to the City Council, Planning Commission and the public, including the development community, local business owners, and community residents; implements and monitors City growth; accepts, processes and analyzes development applications and recommends action on such applications to the Planning Commission and City Council.
- Daily responsibilities of the department include:
- Implementing the City’s General Plan
- Administering Zoning and other ordinances
- Development permitting
- Performing environmental reviews
- Long-range planning
- Providing advice and guidance to citizens and decision-makers
The goal of the Wheatland Community Development Department is to establish a sustainable community through an effective development review process, which is guided by the City’s policy documentation, including the 2006 General Plan Update. The Department strives to protect, enhance, and expand Wheatland’s physical (built) environment, as well as the environmental, economic, and historic assets that make Wheatland unique.
The City contracts for Planning and Community Development services from the firm of Raney Planning & Management, Inc.
Tim Raney is the Community Development Director and can be contacted at:
Tim Raney, President
Raney Planning and Management, Inc.
1501 Sports Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
- Environmental Assessment Form
- Lot Line Adjustment Application Process
- Wheatland Universal Planning Application Form
- Conditional Use Permit Application Process
- Temporary Sign Permit Application