The Building & Code Enforcement department is responsible for the protection, health and safety of citizens through the enforcement of building codes and standards and City Ordinances in order to ensure that both new and existing structures within the City limits meet health, safety, and construction standards. The City of Wheatland has a contract with Coastland Engineering for building services. Our building inspector is in office and conducts building inspections on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Building Inspection Services
- Issues building permits for both commercial and residential construction.
- Performs plan check and carries out inspections.
- Helps the public, owners and contractors with construction concerns.
- Investigates non-conforming and substandard housing, and handles code enforcement for public nuisance conditions and building or zoning concerns.
Building Inspector/Code Enforcement
111 C Street
Wheatland, CA 95692
(530) 633-2761 Phone
(530) 633-9102 Fax
- Construction Permit application
- Property Owner’s Package
- Re-Roofing Requirements
- Re-Roofing and the 2008 California Residental Energy Compliance Requirements for Cool Roofs
- New Mechanical Units in Attic or on Top of Roof
- State of California Residential_CF-1R_ALT
- Residential Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm Requirements
- Swimming Pool Requirements
- Solar Check List
- Central Inverter-PV Plan
- Microinverter-PV Plan