The City Engineering Department is responsible for the funding, planning, design and construction of public infrastructure including City streets, sewer, water, storm drains and public buildings within the City of Wheatland. In addition, the Department reviews private development projects within the City’s jurisdiction, performs traffic engineering studies and provides construction management of City projects.
The Department also searches out and secures funding from outside governmental agencies to fund the City’s capital projects. The City Engineering Department is also responsible for the following:
- Responding to the inquiries from the public
- Grading Permits
- Certificates of Compliance
- Advertisement, bidding and award of City projects
- Construction management for City infrastructure projects
- Processes assessment districts
- Technical & engineering reports
- City Design Standards
- Maintenance of improvement records and maps
- Coordination with local, state and federal agencies
The Engineering Department’s goal is to sustain and enhance the quality of life in the City of Wheatland by responding quickly and effectively to citizen’s needs and concerns, delivering capital projects on time and under budget, and by providing thoughtful review of proposed development projects.
City Engineering services are provided through Coastland Civil Engineering in Auburn, CA.
The City Engineer, Dane H. Schilling, can be contacted at:
111 C Street
Wheatland, CA 95692
(530) 888-9929 Coastland Engineering
(530) 889-9979 FAX